General Manager (payments) - Dubai
- Remote (Hybrid)
- Sales & Business Development
- $ Competitive $
DeFi Recruitment has partnered with a global business that bridges the gap between web2 and web3. Our client is an innovator in the payment space, offering instant crypto payments and payouts to both crypto native and traditional businesses around the globe. The firm currently has entities in four countries and employs over 70 FTE’s.
Our client is currently trusted by over 15,000 businesses across 200 countries and are partnered with the likes of; Binance, Farfetch, Razer and Novelship.
About the role
As part of the businesses global expansion, they are looking for a highly motivated individual with a track record of excellence to grow their presence in MENA. Ideal candidates will have experience launching FinTech or Payment companies into new geographies and ideally, have an interest and understanding of the crypto ecosystem.
- Begin the Dubai operations from scratch
- Design strategy and set goals for growth
- Set policies and processes
- Oversee recruitment and training of new employees
- Evaluate and improve operations and financial performance
- Researching and identifying growth opportunities.
- Entrepreneurial and ‘get it done’ mindset
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the payments space
- Knowledge of the regulation framework in the Dubai & MENA
- Previous experience launching into new geographies or starting new entities from scratch
- Exposure to international companies
- Knowledge of different business functions and ability to build and lead a cross-functional team (sales, business development, marketing, compliance, customer support)
- Flexible and happy to travel internationally as required
- Language skills: full working proficiency in English is required, and other languages (e.g. Arabic) are highly welcomed.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive remuneration package.
- Fantastic opportunities to progress in a dynamic, cross-functional and fast-growth scale-up.