Blockchain, Crypto, and DeFi experience is the most in demand skill, according to the latest skills index and now, it is one of the hottest job market categories.
Did you see this technology trend appearing? A few years ago, limited people cared for this technology. However, it has become a significant career opportunity and can prove very lucrative.
The demand for people with Blockchain, Crypto and DeFi skills, experience, and knowledge is higher than ever. Businesses are looking to hire those who have the skill set to navigate this new, exciting technology. Of course, just like with any other opening, not everyone ‘cuts the mustard’. You must possess or be able to acquire the skill set which is required to be successful in the blockchain field.
Who is hiring?
There are four significant sectors or verticals in the crypto and blockchain job market, these are:
- Industries – companies such as banks, accountancy firms, insurance, retailers as well as law offices that want to keep up with the new technology.
- Start-up’s – businesses and products created since the invention of Blockchain. This is an everchanging landscape due to weighty investment.
- Tech firms – companies that have the most to lose in case Blockchain tech takes over the world. As they try to shift to a decentralized system, they need all the expertise they can gather to ensure they are not left behind. An example is IBM’s recent investment of $200million for internal R&D.
- Governments – many governments have been hiring crypto experts to advise them. Several governments are warming up to Blockchain due to its many advantages.
Career opportunities in Blockchain
Blockchain, Crypto, and DeFi businesses are like any other organisation which operates across the globe. Yes, their teams might be tech heavy with a large percentage being Developer’s or Engineers. However, as with any business, they are commercial entities with the main function being creating revenue, therefore, their set-up will be like any other business. Roles within the space include:
- Developers (Golang, Rust, Python, Web3)
- Solidity Engineers
- Project Managers
- UX Designers
- Quality Engineers
- Legal Consultants and Copywriters
- Sales and Business Development and Marketing
- Financial Managers
- Public Relations and Content Specialists
- NFT and Digital Artists
How to get involved or hired in the space:
Network, attend events and create relationshipsDo your research, keep up to date with industry trendsBe flexible; these careers come in many formsLove Crypto, Blockchain and DeFi (this one goes without saying).
As the technology evolves, so will its professional landscape. Whether you are a techie or not, a career in Crypto, Blockchain, or DeFi is a new and exciting opportunity well worth exploring.